Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall

Fall is here to stay.  It had been getting down in the 50s at night but it is lower now - the 40s.  It isn't as warm in the after either.  Maybe 60s I think.  Still, the sun is bright and shining.  If this fall and winter repeat like last year then I can count on no more storms.  I love rain and am sure that we won't have any for awhile.  The air has cleared up beautifully since the yellow dust and pollen from the spring and summer are mostly gone.

The students are so rambunctious.  They have a lot of bent up energy since they are sitting still and studying so much lately.  I had taught two classes today.  Happily caught up on grading and have returned almost all their papers.  Will return the rest in my next class.  The students like getting their work back because if they did well then they get a sticker to put on their "point tree."  The Point Tree is a paper with circles that form a tree.  When each circle has a star, they can trade it in for a package of cookies.

Brought a space heater in from where I was storing it in the apartment.  When it gets colder out, I'll be using it.  It is an American one I bought from a couple.  So the plug doesn't match the outlet.  Will have to go buy something so that I can use it.

Exciting news for today is that Lon Gruesbeck is coming to visit.  I am eager to see him.  He is a good friend and I look forward to his visits a lot.  Hopefully he travels safe.


You are probably wondering what I am listening to.  I always seem to be wearing headphones.  Let's just say all the chatter in the classroom is distracting and drives me nuts when I am trying to work in the office.  So I usually play music to give me a more comfortable environment.

I really like epic music.  It is kind of hard to explain.  Basically it is alternative rock.  However not just any.  I like what I have decided to call "symphonic rock."  Basically you have a symphony or orchestra playing music.  They can be accompanied by a rock band, singers, or a choir.  Or a mixture of all four.  I will include a link below that has all those elements, except it doesn't have the main singer since it is the instrumental version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzlGnDK0GqQ

You will notice it has a classical element to it with all the drama and epicness you would find at the finale of a really good action movie or story.

No comments:

Post a Comment