Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mormons

So yesterday I went out with a friend to enjoy a cozy little restaurant that I love.  We had settled in with our food.  She was enjoying her rice while I enjoyed my chicken.  Suddenly I looked up for some reason at the open door.  Standing on the sidewalk was two men with white shirts and black slacks.  One with bleach blonde hair and the other with black hair.  My first thought was, Mormon?  Then I switched gears.  We are in Korea.  The Korean guys love to dye their hair.  Those two must be police officers.  Why the heck does the blonde one confuse me?  Then my brain processed what he must have said to have caused me to look up.  A good to honest, American, "Hello."

I stood and walked to the door to talk to them when it was obvious there weren't coming inside.  They were indeed Mormons.  The American was from Idaho and the other one was, well, Korean.  They were walking around offering free English lessons just down the street.  It was good to talk to another foreigner who was friendly.  Most rather not say anything so I have gotten into the habit of ignoring foreigners.  They went on their way and we enjoyed our supper... oh, excuse me... dinner.

Not sure why, but Koreans don't have the word "supper" in their English vocabulary.  It is only dinner.  So here at least I don't have to wonder if dinner refers to lunch or if dinner refers to supper.  It is simply supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment