Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Travel Plans

Today the new vice principle is taking us to Chuncheon, a city east of Seoul and 50 miles south of the DMZ. Funny thing is, only in America would that seem such a short distance.  This place is supposed to be reknowned for their chicken.  Called Dakgalbi, this spicy chicken is the best tasting chicken in the world.  So in order to enjoy this famous food, I am going to have to somehow get past the spicy part.

Out of all the foreign teachers, I am as usual the most excited for this trip.  Though it was Willis' idea to go to this particular place, he has been traveling a lot lately and is a bit tired of it.  Charles, understandably, doesn't want to sit in a car for 4 hours.  Geoffrey, coming along, will get home really late and since he has a wife and kid, that doesn't sit well with him.  I pretty much called everyone's reactions except for Willis' and Keith's.  Keith sometimes doesn't like something and sometimes doesn't mind.  I guess this is one of those times he doesn't mind.  So my enthusiasm sticks out a lot compared with the others.

The vice principle speaks some English.  He likes to try to teach me Korean, but I seem incapable of pronouncing the right sounds or remembering what I just said in Korean.  Since I am going to be in the front seat, he will have 4 lovely hours to attempt to improve my Korean.  Not eager for that part.  Talking alone won't help.  I need to see it written too.

I'm bringing along my new camera and both lenses that came with it.  Super excited to say the least.  We are going north and the northern half of the country has the larger mountains.  The further north you go, the higher the mountains.  Daegu's famous Palgonsan Mountain is nothing compared to those we will see today.  I'm hoping that we don't just drive through (yes, through... tunnels... really long, long tunnels) the mountains but also are able to stop and get pictures of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment