Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Writing and Chapel

Today I enjoyed helping my high school students work on their essay.  Each had their own country that they had to research and write notes on.  Now they are putting their information together into neat paragraphs, each paragraph on an aspect of the countries culture.  Writing the first paragraph had it's challenges as they struggled to put the knowledge of grammar to use in real life.  Their English may be good, but using it is different from memorizing it.  Now we are onto the second paragraph.  Explaining how the second paragraph is different content wise but the same format wise is taking a little work.  However we were successful.

I decided to be smart about staying warm in the mornings.  Wore a vest today.
Though I messed up on the hair.  It is french-braided only to the center top of my head.
Whenever I bow or act goofy in class, the remaining braid flies every which way.
I can honestly say that my sophomores were amused in world culture class.
In chapel today, I asked my translator what happened to her knee.  There was a large square bandage on it. She replied, "Teacher, I was running and became tired.  I wanted to rest.  So I tried to stop, but it didn't work."  Basically she was running and while slowing down, she fell.  I like how my students talk.  You have to really listen to understand and sometimes their phrases are refreshing insights into how one views life.

No comments:

Post a Comment