Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thoughts and Masks

The bus driver was crazy last night. He was really good. Pulled some tight maneuvers and all. However while standing, both my feet got some air time at the same time. Yikes!

Being really nice to the taxi drivers pays off. I always give them 5,000 won and let them keep the change. If I bought fruit in town, I give them one. The other week I was walking back from Namsan when a taxi pulled up beside me and motioned me in. He gave me a free ride back to school. Was really nice of him.

On nights when I just plain am not feeling up to par, the taxi drivers seem more nice than normal. Last night one of the men on duty in the office stood outside and claimed the first taxi that came in. He then came in, motioned me out, and ushered me into the taxi. Either he told the taxi driver where to take me or the taxi driver has had me before. He took me straight to the school, right outside my apartment. I'm glad for their assistance. My head felt like it is going to burst.  I had waited too long to eat supper I guess.

Come to think of it, the people on the bus were being really super nice to me as well.

*****

Today in Junior Literature, we were working on making our masks for Halloween.  Since the juniors are the only international students I have on that day, I decided that I was going to take them around the school trick or treating.  Give them a little American culture.  I still have to figure out which teachers and staff might be willing to have candy bowls waiting, but figured that it shouldn't be too hard.  Anything to promote American culture I suppose.

I made a mask that would fit onto my glasses.  The downside is that it has to be taped on.  However it turned out really nice.  I will have to wear it when I am at my desk sometime so that I can get a picture with my web camera for you to see.  It is a bat with gold glitter on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment