Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Special Music

Well since my apartment's Ethernet cord is broken, guess who unlocked his apartment for me.  Teacher Willis isn't here this weekend, but he left his place open so I could use his internet.  Super grateful to him for that.  For the sake of a new setting, I'm chilling on the floor ready to recount my not so delightful evening ;)

Tonight we had special music.  Just three of us: Charles, Geoffrey and myself.  During rehearsal I was having trouble learning a new hymn in alto so we put it away to learn later and sang a favorite of mine - The Old Rugged Cross.

When I have sung up front in the past, I usually was with other altos and in the back row.  Tonight I was almost a soloist.  I was stumbling and tripping in my pumps all the way there.  Had a hard time not crying or hyperventilating before going up front.  Then trying my darnest not to black out while singing.  Overall it went a lot better than I thought it would.  Charles and Geoffrey were both very encouraging.  I survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment