Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chuseok - Homesick

Well, the entire country is shut down.  Sunday, today, is a holiday everyone goes to their home cities for.  I'm fighting homesickness myself.  Decided to get out of the apartment and go to the office.  Walking across campus and was surprised how quiet the world is.  Couldn't hear anything except an occasional plane.  Didn't think anyone was around.  The NightWatchMan is though.  Was walking and there he was.  He unlocked the building for me, gave me a rice... something?... and gave me an American high five as he sometimes does.  Only this time, perhaps because of the sadness in my eyes, the high five turned into a gentle hand squeeze.  He has always seemed like a guardian angel to Linda and I.  Knowing just the right expression, usually a big bright smile, to give.  Now Linda is gone and it is just me.  It might not be an American holiday, but it is a Thanksgiving holiday nevertheless.  A time you are supposed to spend with family.  Now I understand the concern my students had for me when they heard I was staying here.  They are so incredibly caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment