Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Mid Term Frenzy - Story

Next week is midterms for these students.  The international classes I teach do not count for grades, so the students are not as excited to study for me right now.  In addition to that, the Korean teacher in my classroom said to avoid quizzes and tests right now until after midterms.

There are the co-teacher classes that I speak randomly on anything for 20 minutes.  The main teachers in those room have to get their students ready for midterms.  One of the teachers asked that I not visit until after midterms.  More free time for me.

Story:  After lunch I went down the classroom that was a co-teaching room.  I stood with the students outside in the hallway wondering where the teacher was.  None of my keys open either door to that classroom.  The teachers are traditionally later here.  When the teacher arrived and asked me not to come in, I waved goodbye to my students and started to walk away... they all in unison raised their hands as well and said bye. It was so cute.  Think about Happy Feet the movie where all the penguins start doing the same thing at the same time... CUTE!

1 comment:

  1. Mom - Connie L VealOctober 1, 2011 at 4:49 PM

    Oh, Mindy!
    That was great! Comparing the student unison with the penguins on the Happy Feet movie brought the point straight home to the heart - so touching!

    Delightful illustration, You know how to set up a word picture for Mom perfectly in this cute story!

    ReplyDelete