Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Teaching English - Challenge

It is evidently a challenge not to get fired here.

The English teachers are teaching students who hold a lot of sway over their international classes.

If the students go home and say they are bored, then the parents complain to the school.  In order to avoid this, the teacher has to find ways to keep the kids happy and excited without crossing the line to the point where the administration gets upset.

If the students go home and say that class is too hard, then the parents complain to the school.  In order to avoid this, the teacher must walk a careful line to ensure the students learn without losing motivation.  It is truly a challenge.

However, the students want to get along.  They are friendly and if you can encourage them to learn for the sake of learning then you are set.

It is a matter of teaching just right.  My style has too many worksheets in it.  Not enough lecture.  I have a friend who would have the perfect teaching style, but again even she would have to stay motivated herself.  The teacher must not lose focus.

An example of this is after my classes, the administration asks my students how class went.  If they have any complaints... they are taken to the Korean teacher in my room who then must talk to me about becoming better.  Awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment