Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rain

Today is the first day that it has rained.  It is not even 8am yet, but I wanted to type what I have seen and learned.

First off, it is only a drizzle.  A light rain compared to the torrential downpours the mid west can experience.  Enough to make you wish you were wearing a hoody.  Did I bring any with me?  Nope.  Sure wish I had.  It is nice a cool with calming rain in the background and cloudy weather to soften the eyes.  I want to curl up and relax.  I love rainy weather!

I borrowed an umbrella as I don't have one.  I was told to not leave it by the door of the cafe like everyone else.  It will disappear.  Free umbrella!  So it stayed with me just like the bag I carry with my things in it for the day.

As we were walking to the main building, we passed by the boys' high school dorm.  There was a huge group just under shelter putting on shoes (normally they just wear slippers because that is what they have to wear inside the school buildings and classrooms).  That wouldn't work today.  I was told it wasn't unusual for 3 or 4 boys that ask to walk under your umbrella with you to attempt to stay out of the rain.

Koreans, it turns out, has the belief that if your head gets rained on, then your hair will fall out.

1 comment:

  1. Mom - Connie L VealOctober 1, 2011 at 5:42 PM

    So, do they see a difference between rain and bathing water?

    Better plan on getting an umbrella!

    ReplyDelete