Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Positive Thinking - Cute Story

It is almost time for midterms.  So I decided that since we were at the end of a chapter in our textbooks, the freshman (7th grade in US) culture (social studies in US) class would draw a poster to attract immigrants (key concept) to South Korea.

One of the students wanted to draw Korea on his paper.  He is a perfectionist.  He laid the paper on his textbook so that he could trace the outline of Korea on the paper.  However, the printer paper was too thick to see through.  He exclaimed, "Ah!  It is too thick to see through!"

I suggested he place that page of the textbook against the window and his blank paper over it so that the light coming through would allow him to see the shape of Korea.  He agreed and eagerly jumped up.  Startled by his enthusiasm and worried about how he would feel if this plan failed, I cautioned him.  "It might not work," I said.

He grinned at me, "But it might work."  It worked.

1 comment:

  1. Mom - Connie L VealOctober 1, 2011 at 5:22 PM

    Inspirational! Love that student's despair turn to a hope of positive outcome, and to see it through to success!
    Great suggestion, Teacher Mindy!

    ReplyDelete