Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Coffee

I was raised understanding that caffeine is not very healthy for the body.  I agree that moderation is needed if it is used.  This week has been pretty intense.  We are picking up our full duties and to keep going is at times difficult.  Waking up every morning tired and in want of more sleep, I found myself breaking my own rule of limited caffeine intake.  I have been having several cups of coffee everyday.

Much to my surprise, my emotions have stabilized.  The unmotivated girl that was drifting along suddenly is feeling happy.  All the time.  I went to staff worship one morning feeling both super happy and really tired.  I let the happy side directed my actions.  When a Korean asked how I was doing, I responded that I was doing really well.  She then said I looked tired.  So even though now I have a smile on my face, the tiredness still gets through.

At least I am smiling.  I read an article shortly afterwards when I was wondering about the coffee and my new tendency to be happier.  The article said that coffee helps regulated moods in women and that it reduces the likelihood of depression by 15%.  That is pretty impressive.  So though I won't drink it if I can help it on none school days, it is true that my moods have become more regulated and I am better able to maintain a positive mindset despite the stresses faced daily.

2 comments:

  1. Mom - Connie L VealMarch 18, 2012 at 6:34 AM

    I hope and pray that as your school year goes along that you will become adjusted to your schedule and that you will sleep more deeply, fully, and that your energy levels will balance out and keep you on emotional stability, and that your sharing of happiness is the natural outcome from the pleasure of service for God! Keep up the great work! Luv ya lots!!!

    ReplyDelete