Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Return Frustrations

I am so glad I went home for a vacation.  However upon return I had a rude awakening.  I am having to learn to listen to Koreans speak all over again.  Normally, even though I don't know the language, I can understand the general idea of what a Korean is saying to me.  Now I wonder how much of that was a lucky guess and on some occasions how much of that was Linda's help when we went shopping in the markets.  Eager to become better at understanding their language.

Also eager to become better understanding their mannerisms.  In a taxi cab, we would motion forward if we wanted the driver to go straight.  That motion means stop here.

On the curb if a bus is coming, and you start to wave or flag them down... well, they keep going.  You just hold out your hand... don't wave it.

1 comment:

  1. How many times have you had a taxi stop when you didn't mean for that to be the action, and how many times have you missed a bus because it passed you by for having the different motion signals?

    Sounds discouraging and stressful for folks who operate in the fast lane, huh?

    ReplyDelete