Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Girls Night Out

At lunch I was sitting with some Korean teachers.  We got to talking and I learned their names.  Then they invited me to come with them for supper.  We went into Jain and ate at this nice small place.  There was a dish similar to Topoki (sorry for misspelling), an omelet on top of rice and some other yummy things, bulgogi with rice, and a broth soup.  It was yummy.  We worked on teaching me some more Korean.  I didn't get very far.  But I learned that those who are a little older than me are oepa and onee... again I apologize for misspelling those words.  The first means brother and the second means sister.  They encouraged me to call the music teacher oepa next time I saw him.

Turns out he had been at lunch.  They loved asking me how old I thought they were before I was about ten years too young on my guesses.  He is like 50+ but I thought he was 38.  I called him oepa just like they suggested, and he laughed really hard.  He then said his daughter was 25 and she called him daddy.  So I should also call him that, which is alpa.  His wife then asked how old I looked to her and she looks even younger.  So I placed her around 32 and she was thrilled.  She promptly invited me to supper sometime and we arranged it for this weekend.  Making friends is a joy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Mindy :) I keep you in my prayers...we will have to FB chat sometime and thanks again for the TV show link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom - Connie VealMay 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

    That is a funny story, Mindy!

    You find out the music teacher is 50+ and has a daughter that is 25. Then his wife wants you to guess her age and you put your guess at 7 years older than the daughter! I am laughing pretty well here on that one! But your compliment to the wife's age appearance was very flattering and it looks as though you are going to become better acquainted. Yes, making friends is a joy.

    Such a coincidence to have a girls' night out! I had one recently and enjoyed it much. Funny part was that I never left home - the movie with popcorn and ice cream was at my place. Expanding the list of guests and having another one tonight. Looking forward to it.

    Repeating, yes, making and having friendships is a joy!

    ReplyDelete