Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

To Teach

I am a teacher.  In Korea if your white and a teacher, then you can teach anything.  It doesn't matter what you majored in.  So I am teaching conversation classes and grasping to figure out how.  I am sitting here looking at the resources they gave me for the class.  This is material my students will be tested over.  So I want to help them learn it well.

The only problem is that even though the problems are in English, the instructions are in Korean.  Also it is so basic and general that I have no idea how to get one lesson to last a week much less ten minutes.  This is going to be interesting.

In situations like this, you go to the older and wiser teachers that are dripping with experience and ideas.  Ask them for to brainstorm with you and if they have any fabulous ideas ready to be put into action.  Then learn and adapt.

1 comment:

  1. Mom - Connie L VealMarch 18, 2012 at 6:03 AM

    It is a good thing to have other minds to pick!

    ReplyDelete