Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dictator or Compassionate Leader?

When foreigners come over to South Korea for the purpose of teaching English, they are hit with a block of culture shock and work assignments.  Adapting is something about 1/3 of the foreigners are unable to do, so they end up leaving.

I also have my fair share of times that are tough.  Wondering if I am not adapting or if those around me are being unreasonable.  Then I remember the times different staff at my school helped me or expressed a desire for my happiness.  Sometimes this place feels like it is run by a dictator bent on his way no matter what others say.  In reality compassion is more of the rule than what you might think.

1 comment:

  1. Mom - Connie VealMay 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

    It does wonders to get acquainted with the person in charge to learn what the goals and reasons for the daily operations are. A person can feel less alienated and more in team-spirit if they can get any grasp of the ideals and care of the true person who is directing any program. Hopefully the leader is compassionate and leading with sincere motives for a successful program and works hard to help the vision come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete