Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, September 7, 2012

9/11 Tribute Series

I'm currently working on a 9-11 tribute series.  It has been 11 years since that horrible day.  I still can't watch documentaries or replays of the coverage that day without deep feelings of dread, anger, hurt, and sorrow.  Last year I spent the day with a friend as she prepared to teach her students about 9/11.  It is difficult to comprehend that middle school students would have no clear memory of a day we could never forget.  Now I spend that day overseas and am hearing the stories of foreigners who learned of the tragedy from their Korean friends.  As I create each art piece, I photograph it, upload it, and plan the next.


No comments:

Post a Comment