Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Before Chuseok

So today is payday.  Went to town, moved money stateside to pay bills, saw a movie with a friend and then went grocery shopping.  With the cafe closed and campus shut down, I needed a food stash set up for the weekend.

The movie I saw was Taken 2.  The main actor is a really good actor and his voice is calming.  Just has one of those characteristic voices I guess.  It is the first time in a long time I have had my heart beating so hard.  The suspense and action was intense.  I'm probably just not used to it since I don't watch movies often.

Went grocery shopping at E Mart afterwards.  It was crowded as expected.  I got a few things and skipped half my list, then hurried to check out.  Went to Starbucks afterwards to wait for a friend and observed some fun things.

1st - A family came in.  I looked up and saw the little toddler being allowed to pay for their order.  He handed the card to the cashier, who took it and used it.  The cashier handed it back to the boy, the boy proudly accepted it and then gave it to his dad.  His dad casually took it, waited for the boy to get where the orders are put on the counter, then handed the card to his wife.  She was sitting on a nearby stool and tiredly took it to put it away.

2nd - Another family came in.  The guy was wearing the purse and the girl was handling the child.

Just something amusing.

Oh, saw more coach bags today.  Glanced at them as the ladies sporting them walked by.  Fakes.  Every purse store I glance in, I see what appears to be perfectly legitimate coach brand purses.  Except their fake.  I can tell because of the pattern.  However if I was to go inside and ask for the registration papers that come with each bag... they wouldn't have them.  Also they just plain don't sell for $10.  You can get them cheaper here around $200 instead of $500 but it will still cost you.  Not interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment