Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Survivor

Today in class, the first thing my students said to me was that I was really beautiful.  They like my jean skirt.  They were quick to point out it was too long though.  Silly Koreans love their mini skirts.  Haha.

We are wrapping up our look at Australia today.  Next week we move on to Asia.  I had a few minutes at the end of class and so showed them the tv show Survivor's opening for the Outback series.  Survivor is an interesting show and I really like it.  Haven't watched it in years sadly.  Whenever I hear the music, I think about the three series I saw: first series, Africa and Australia.  Those three I saw and enjoyed.  What is more, I watched a majority of them with my grandma in the summer.  So they are an automatic tie to the farm, her and the memories of summer there.  When I showed the Australia introduction to the students, I thoughtlessly brought on feelings of homesickness along with the sweet memories.

I'm working with the school still to figure out when I can come stateside.  It is taking a little bit of work.  Very eager to have it planned and set up.  That way I can let those I am visiting know when to expect me.


No comments:

Post a Comment