Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Korean Drivers

Something I try to teach my students is common sense. They are surprisingly lacking in it. They think I am a genius for my "insights." If the education system focused on higher level thinking skills such analyzing or evaluation instead of just the lower thinking skills with an emphasis on memorization... then perhaps there would be less injuries and deaths around here.

Not everyone drives like this, but the percentage is insanely higher here than I have seen in America.

http://youtu.be/GqZXloIYUp0

This link is a youtube video.  You will see people speeding through red lights, changing into the left hand land right before turning right, doing u-turns and not quite staying in their lane, trying to pass buses on the shoulder when the shoulder is only two feet wide, etc.  Common occurances here.  

The insurance companies like to split the costs.  So each driver gets a percentage of the blame even if it is obviously one person's fault.  If you get stressed or upset easily, don't click on the link please.

No comments:

Post a Comment