Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Food: Here and Home

Some reflecting was done today, particularly at lunch, over the differences in food.  The people here love their rice and rice products.  Back home the love of meals is wheat and wheat products.  Here it is rice, rice cakes, topoki, noodles, and other rice-products.  Home it can be summed up in two words.  Grandma's cooking.  There is nothing like the food you grew up with and enjoyed.  Food I think is my greatest weakness for being in another culture.  I have heard from other expats that food is also one of the hardest things to adjust to.  Simply either you adjust or you do not.  If you do, you can stay here happily for a few (or many) years.  If you do not, well, the likelihood of you running back home within a few months to a year are higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment