Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Dentist Again

So I am worn out and tired.  All week I have had pain in the back upper part of my mouth.  My first thought was, "Oh horror of horrors, I need a root canal."  So cringingly I asked Teacher Oh to set up an appointment at the dentist for me, but otherwise kept quiet about it.  You know me, complain and whine when in pain unless too embarrassed to admit something might be wrong.  Anyrate, after a week of what I thought was pain, I went to the dentist.  Then I discovered true pain.

I went in and he looked at it.  Then he pulled up an x-ray and drew on it while explaining in his limited English what was wrong.  This is what he told me.  My tooth a few years ago had decay, was excavated and filled.  That decayed area decayed more causing the filling to break.  He went in, took out what was left of the filling, excavated the decayed tooth as much as he could, then capped it.  Then back to explanations.  If he excavates anymore of the decayed places beyond what he has done, he will hit the nerve pulp.  So he wants me to go a week and see if I have pain or am sensitive to cold water.  If not, he will fill it.  If so, he will do a root canal.  I can say that I was super excited at that prospect *sarcasm*.

The process was simple.  I prayed "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus" over and over while he turned on his drill and stuck me with needles.  Then by the time he was done, My entire left side hurt and I had a splitting headache.  Scarily enough, I can tell that the medicine he injected was helping.  I hate to imagine what it would have been like without it.  Luckily for me, the Koreans at the dental clinic seem to find my nervous kindness endearing.  They are always so sweet to me and respond to my quiet demeanor in a compassionate way.  Someone else I know who is more of an extrovert said that he didn't fare so well there and won't be going back.  Kind of nice to be in a place where my qualities are not looked down upon.  Feel bad for him though.

Canceled my plans for the English Club at a cafe in town and came on home.  Didn't even wait for a taxi at Jain.  I jumped on a bus that said Namsan 1 on it and rode to Namsan and walked the rest of the way.  Which is unusual for me.  I just wanted to get to my apartment and curl up.  The pain is receded so I won't take painkillers... unless supper makes everything hurt more again.

That is my check up for now.  Oh, and my trip to the dentist today only cost just under $5.  Mwuahahaha!  Love South Korea!


Gaw!  That picture makes my shirt look orange!  I promise is is a very pretty red.  The shelf behind me is light green... not blue.  I think this laptop has a small color issue with it's webcam.  Anyrate, God bless and Happy Sabbath!

1 comment:

  1. This is another reason why American dentists bother me... their work doesn't last long the first time. I always have to get it redone. Now it might cost me more than another filling.

    ReplyDelete