Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Buson

Yesterday was my first time in Buson.  It is a rather large city to the south of here.  It is also considered one of the nicest places for foreigners to live.  My school took all the teachers there to walk through an all girls school.  It was pretty fancy and neat.  I was shocked at the high tech level and diversity among the classrooms and hallways.  That level of sophistication is something I definitely have not seen in any American school.  It was pretty impressive.

We ate lunch in the bus on the way there.  Kimbop.  They handed out yummy bread and pringles too.  Then every staff member got a gift bag full of oranges and sweets.  Yummy.

For supper we went to a restaruant that speciallizes in sea food (hey it is next to the sea).  I opted for a tofu soup that was rather salty and side dishes.  Overall good food.

Using the restroom there was another story.  When you went into the bathroom, if you were female you had another girl watch the door because it was a co-ed bathroom.  The toilets were the squat style.

After that we went to the ocean.  Or sea.  Something.  It was pretty to watch.  In winter the waves are higher and more enjoyable to view.

Then our long 2 hour bus trip back.  Hung out with two Korean assistants that helps us English teachers.  They are super sweet and I enjoy talking to them.  It was a great way to spend my Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Last time I went to the beach I splashed the water to send a wave to you to enjoy watching as it hit land! Glad you had a great touring day! You are getting to see and experience so many activities and sights! So your teaching environment observation day sounds like you saw new things that you were amazed at. Glad you are having such interesting experiences! Fun to read about life in another land far away! :)

    ReplyDelete