Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Care Package

Over the weekend and the last two days I have been struggling to keep my chin up.  Holiday season is here and I am basically by myself.  I want nothing more than to be stateside for the rest of the year, but unfortunately that isn't possible.

Then today as I sat dismally in chapel, listening to the students perform with their instruments, Teacher Martin came by and told me I had a parcel in the office.  I blinked and asked if he meant I had a package.  He knodded and left.  As soon as chapel was over, I tore out of the auditorium and to the administrative office.  There sat a box with my name on it.

Excitedly I carried it to my office.  Inside was a wonderful birthday card from my dad.  Then green, green, and more green.  We all know that is my favorite color.  There were Christmas decorations, candy, clothing, my favorite scent from Bath and Body Works... and a much coveted prize - silverware.  I have normal knives, forks, and spoons.  Thank the Lord!

Then I came to a note... don't go any further until December 24, Christmas Eve.  Hey now!  Hehe.  That was an awesome idea and gives me yet something more to look forward to.  Thank you dad and Linda!  I miss you all so much!

1 comment:

  1. Im so happy you have been lifted up. Im so excited to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete