Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Korean... somethings.

Last night Linda and I were talking while watching a lunar eclipse outside.  Our breathe was freezing in puffs in the air so I started to sing "Puff the magic dragon."  Only I changed dragon to girl at the last minute.  This brought an explanation from Linda about Koreans and the use of the word magic by females in their society.

For a female to say she is magical or any variation of that, well, it means she is on her period.

So how do Koreans explain where babies come from if they are so tight-lipped about this kind of stuff?  They tell their kids that they, "found them under the bridge."  The Korean word for bridge and pelvis is the same.  So a play on words tells the truth and keeps them from asking too many more embarrassing questions is used.

Okay, awkward moment.  Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that discussions of this kind of thing are being talked of more and more readily with each passing generation, anywhere?

    ReplyDelete