Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Psalms 3:1-3

WOW! I have a lot of enemies, Lord! It feels like the whole world has suddenly turned against me! Throngs of angry people thirst for my blood! They chase after me shouting, “Not even God can help you!” But none of this matters—it falls on deaf ears—because You, O Lord, are my protector, my source of strength, my reason to believe! ~Psalm 3:1-3 (Randy Reed Paraphrased Version)




1.  If you have ever had a bad day, this describes it.  If you have ever lived in a horrible situation, this describes it.  If you ever had a horrible job, this describes it.  No matter how dangerous, discouraging, and stressful life can be... David was there too.


2.  This leads to my next point.  No matter how dangerous, discouraging, and stressful life SHOULD be or seem... you can live a happy life.  Maybe not relaxed, because we must always keep our guard up against the Deceiver.  However, we don't have to worry.  Someone we can trust, God the Creator and Savior, has got our backs.  


3.  This leads to another point.  God is taking care of us.  Someone can try to hurt our feelings, discourage us, use us, manipulate us, kill us... however they can't really touch us as long as we trust in God.  Does that mean bad things won't happen?  No.  That means that nothing will happen that won't be used in some way to bring others to Jesus.  That we will be okay no matter what does happen.


Should I keep peeling this onion?  I don't know, I think it is a bottomless pit full of more insights than one person could ever find.  I just wanted to highlight some simple notes from my crazy and disorganized brain on this text so that I could have a mental outline to keep it straight by.  Also sharing it with you ;) 

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to know that we have God who cares for us more than we ever will be able to understand. Every little thing happening to us and around us is not unnoticed by Him. God CARES!

    ReplyDelete