Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Background Check

My background check finally arrived in the mail!  So happy about that.  It took the FBI 9 weeks to send a piece of paper saying I have never been arrested.  I know they are super busy with thousands of background checks coming in everyday, but I wish it had come more quickly.  At least it is finally here though.

Today I went to Jain to get official pictures for getting a visa taken.  They come in sets of 10.  I ordered one set, so that two of the pictures can go to the school.  The other 8 are mine.  Impromptu as going to town last minute was, I wasn't prepared for pictures.  However I can proudly claim that I had straightened my hair the night before in order to look nice today.  Not that it did much good.  The straighteners here are not as hot.  The air is evidently more humid as the peninsula is surrounded by ocean on three sides.  So my straight hair gained a slight wave.

Tomorrow Teacher Oh is taking all my paperwork into Daegu to start the process for the visa.  As soon as they get that done (optimistically 7 days... worse 4 weeks) I head to Japan.  Hopefully it will be before the second week of December.  Then I have to leave the country for a night or two.  This is progress though and I am excited.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like an idiot asking this, but why are you going to Japan? Now I'm really envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. to get a visa to work in korea at the korean embassy in japan... japan is where all wanting to work in korea go to get their visas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say hi to REAL silk kimonos for me while in Japan! :) And the Japanese traditional shoes I never bought. Hope you have a lot of fun there, World Traveler!

    ReplyDelete