Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Reservation

It was worked out so that I would be heading to Japan really early Monday morning.  I like to have a plan.  I want all my bases covered.  If I have someone to help me, then usually we get it straight how I do what and when.  For instance, on Monday I climb into Teacher Oh's car at 5am.  We go to the bus station where I have a ticket.  I climb on the bus and sit in seat 16.  I stay on the bus until it arrives at Busan.  I climb out and walk into the airport, check-in, and fly to Osaka.

Then I have to plan.  I need all my bases covered.  If there is no one to help me, I have back up plans B, C, D, E, and a variety of spin offs of those plans.  They are interchangeable.  For instance, once I am in Osaka I can take a cab, bus, train to the Korean embassy, a hotel, Nanba Station... where I then walk to any of the before mentioned places.  I should eat during this time, so I am researching convenient stores, nearby restaurants, and McDonalds.  I know the three closest McDonalds to the embassy.

However, even on this I had help.  Teacher Michael suggested the train from the airport to Nanba.  It is the cheapest and I stay on all the way there.  He sent me a website where I could book a reservation at a hotel for free.  This way I can pay in cash when I get there.  I actually made my a reservation at a hotel in a foreign country.  How cool is that!

I of course will be printing off maps and making sure I always have a place to be.  I can't check in at the hotel until 4pm, so will have time to spend walking around looking at shops and being baffled over a new language and customs.  It will be fun.  I have a plan... with a back up plan :)  And a good reservation :D

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to see how your world traveling turns out - the sights, events, the excitement!

    ReplyDelete