Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Visitors

Today after lunch, my sophomore literature class started.  They took the meaning test.  It is not one I can really give or grade since they write the meanings of English words in Korean.  So my Korean assistant Amalie is in charge of it.  After that, I gave the kids a few minutes to study.  I would from group to group double-checking and answering their questions.  Then we started our test over the last story we did.  Once that was done, I collected them and gave the students free time.  They have worked hard over the last few weeks and not had much of a break.  Two groups each started the famous game of Monopoly Deal.

I sat at a table and graded the tests.  As I did, students stood around me asking why some questions were right and some wrong.  They all did well and I am proud of them.  After that I was talking with some of them when one girl asked where I had gone to university.  I explained the difference between a university and a college, then drew a map of the US and showed her Texas... Oklahoma... Kansas... and then Nebraska.  Then I pointed out where I lived and where I had gone to college.

As we were talking, long awaited friends arrived.  Lon Gruesbeck is the amazing guy who recruited me for this job.  He brought friends with him whom I was so glad to see.  He introduced me to the Washington Conference President... my ears weren't working.... what?  President!?  The president looked at me and smiled, "Just call me John."  Whew.  I can handle John.  Talked to them all for a few minutes, then rushed to get the materials I would need for my next class - Sophomore Culture.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you work with such nice students and employers and have friendly visitors. Makes life more lovely, I do think!

    ReplyDelete