Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I taught my co-teaching kids about Thanksgiving.  It was a lot of fun.  Once I was out of classes for the day, I ran off to my apartment to finish preparing food.  I made chicken!  I decided to call it Zesty Basil Chicken, and was a bit afraid there was a wee too much basil.  Turns out the basil was the least of my problems.  It had way too much lemon juice saturated throughout all the pieces of chicken.  Next time I am using soy sauce as my base!  Not doing that again.  Teacher Linda loved it though :)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.  Amalie and Emma were amused by the amount of food we had.  They also got to try new foods they had never had before.  We had mashed potatoes and yummy gravy, green beans, cornbread dressing (thank you Linda), vegi ham topped with pineapple and raisins, dinner rolls, and so much more.  Of course there was pumpkin pie.  Can't enjoy a meal without it.

Pumpkin pie is very sweet to Koreans.  Amalie ate the pumpkin filling with bits of her dinner rolls.  It shows how much difference there is between our cultures and it was great to talk about it.  We had a lot of fun hanging out and just talking.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving feast! Wish I could have been there :) Oh, that is right, I sent the gravy packets!

    Your dad made 3 pumpkin pies this week with only half the sugar. It was wonderful! I noted that he enjoyed eating it with a mountain of whipped cream piled high on top..... :)

    ReplyDelete