Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Milk

In Korea, dairy products beyond eggs are rare and expensive.  It is just not a part of their diet.  This is reflected in what the cafeteria serves.  We don't have milk or cheese often.  Since I am sensitive to milk, cheese, and ice cream and must monitor how much of this I eat to avoid getting sick, this wasn't a problem.

However, I am finding on the rare occasions that I do drink milk, that I don't care for it much anymore.  It tastes okay, I suppose.  But smells absolutely rotten.  I have to taste test all milk now to know if it is good or not because my sense of smell betrays me.

I still love cheese with my pasta, but I am using a lot less than I have in the past.  I want the extra flavor it gives, but it is easier and easier to moderate how much.

My weakness is still ice cream.  I decided I best not even stock it in my freezer.  It is gone too quickly for me to be happy because I know it will show up on my waistline.

I don't mind these changes.  I hope that I am a better person for it.

2 comments:

  1. I am surprised there isn't at least goat milk. It seems that goat milk is easier on the stomach, if I remember right, and its cheese (feta) is very good (makes great alfredo sauce!).

    Maybe you can get some ice cream for your birthday to go with your cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate giving up ice cream too! Though I found Coconut milk ice cream that's good, it's just not the same!. The milk smells rotten to me too so it's not just you. I have been told that if you're lactose intolerant, goat's milk is just as bad for you as cow's milk. I'm hoping my dairy-free pumpkin pie will turn out well this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete