Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Get Out

I'm trying to figure out ways to be more active and get out more often.  Not doing a very good job at it.  However I am making a good basis from which to have more choices.  On facebook, a friend got me invited to a group that gets together every now and then.  Found another one that also does stuff.  All of them are based out of Daegu.  There is one that is hosting a Christmas Party overnight at facilities they have rented on Palgon Mountain.  It is the 24th and 25th of December.  They offer a variety of things for that trip: bonfire, paintball, all you can eat and drink, hiking, visit nearby temples, karaoke, etc.

I think that would be a fun way to spend some of my time.  Hoping though to get a friend or two to come with me.  From what I hear, it is safe enough but I'm still a bit on the shy side.  Making new friends isn't my specialty.  I'll have my next paycheck by then and have gotten money transferred to the states to take care of bills and such.

I'm also thinking about that time to ask Emma or Amalie or another Korean if they would accompany me to a jimjilbang.  I really want to go to one but want someone to show me the ropes my first time there.  It is basically a sauna type of place with different hot tubs, massage areas, sleeping areas, refreshments, and of course a variety of types of saunas.  I think that would be a great place to relax and they are super cheap places compared to anything you would find in the states.  Like $5-$8.

Waiting to see what else pops up for the end of December as the time gets closer.  One thing I am definitely doing is a gift bag for orphans.  You can't spend more than 20,000 won ($20), but you fill a bag they give you with toys and such for a child.  They give each person who comes a profile of a child: name, age, and gender. Then you go buy gifts for them.  I've been blessed so many times in my life.  I can do this small thing for another.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds very nice, Teacher Mindy! Hope you have a terrific bunch of happy holiday memories! You are such a sweet lady! Proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete