Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Korean Version of Western Food

I bought a lovely case of macaroni just over a week ago at Costco.  Not doing that again.  I made some today.  A late supper for all intents and purposes.  I have to say, the noodle texture was rubbery and the taste... undiscribeable.  So now I get to go find a Korean who might want it.  I highly doubt any foreigners would.

This lead to some other disappointing experiences I have had since I came here.  Their speghetti is sweet.  Their garlic bread is sweet.  The dill pickles are sweet.  The mild ramen is not so mild.  The pizza has corn on it.  Their idea of western foods is not very western tasting.  Thankfully there are still some things that do come from good 'ole America.  Prego sauce being one of them :D

1 comment:

  1. Maybe with the new open trade agreement just signed recently, the foods at places like Costco could perhaps be just the same as they are here in the states. I hope you live just fine, even if you do have to build a new acquired taste for the local foods. The sacrifices of a missionary.......

    ReplyDelete