Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Communicating Options

While overseas, it is important to stay in contact with loved ones back home.

I use facebook a lot.  I post pics, check on friends and family, and chat with those who are awake when I am.

I blog a lot.  I just ran across on the internet tips for oversea survival.  One of blogging.  So I am doing the right thing right now!

I email those who don't have facebook or just plain prefer email to facebook.  A nice means of communication.

Before I came I got magic jack, a device and service that allows me to use the internet to call people without costing anyone international charges.  Handy.  Now to time it right so that I call when people are awake :)

Finally, I broke down and was talked into getting a skype account.  Perfectly free to chat.  Also free to call/video call those who also have skype.  Friends in my college town have skype so yesterday we arranged a video call.  I got to see my twin brother and many good friends I have been missing.  We talked and joked around.  They pulled pranks on each other.  It was niffty.  Then they all went to sleep.

There are many options for keeping in touch.  I am still experimenting with mine.  I am getting good at translating my time with home time.  Daylight savings will throw that off since we don't have that here.  Oh well.  Part of the adventure!

2 comments:

  1. I am really glad you got to have an online party with your twin brother and friends - I am sure it was a blast for all of you!

    ReplyDelete