Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Energetic Night

So I got through my last class and settled into my office chair with a sigh.  Monday was over.  Now the fun could begin.  All us English teachers and our amazing Korean teachers gathered together to enjoy a few rounds of intense monopoly deal.  Great game.  Great social rejuvenation.

Then as we were heading out for supper, we realized that cafe food just wasn't going to cut it.  We wanted pizza.  So it was called in and one of us took his motorcycle into town to pick it up.  Each English teacher bought their own amazing pizza.  One got a bulgogi pizza.  One got a sweet potatoe pizza.  I disappointed Koreans everywhere and got a plain cheese pizza.  This was a disappointment because it is the only pizza without corn on it.

We played 6 amazing games of rumikube... each of us winning twice.  It was a lot of fun and I know I couldn't stop laughing.  The coke didn't help: caffeine and sugar.  Both get into my system and I get super jumpy and hyper.

After that a friend and I went to the weight room.  It was my first time there.  He showed me where to get the key, what equiptment was there, and then we each started exercising to our hearts' content.  I got my 10 inclined situps out of the way.  Need to do more next time.  Then jumped on the bike and did arm curls while biking.  150 arm curls per hand.  I think I am going to get a bigger weight next time.  Benchpressed the bar 20 times.  Then enjoyed the treadmill.  I couldn't jog on it without making it stop running so I settled for a fast walk.  After the bike, it was a good workout.  Finished up with their idea of a hula hoop.  Bigger, thicker, heavier, with knobs on the inside that give your stomach and back quick a beating up.  That will take some getting used to.

Then we returned the key and cooled off as we walked back to our respective apartments.  I feel pretty motivated so am going to practice the four hip hop routines I know.  Then I will try to master Tai Chi again... well, the next form that has kept me at a standstill.

I was pretty blah this weekend.  Kinda in the dumps a little bit.  Didn't really get out much except for an amazing walk.  Classes today were a joy.  I couldn't stop smiling even when some of my classes had impatient students unwilling to return to studying after midterms.  Other classes my students were a dream and eager to participate in class.  For a Monday, it was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you still need care packages, Teacher Mindy! :D

    That hula hoop sounds like extreme hula hooping!

    I think I will stick with the gentle stretches and relaxation exercises!

    I understand your need for more intense exercise when you get going on a hyper run - have lots of memories of how to provide that for you when you overdosed on sweets you weren't supposed to have - HA! :D

    ReplyDelete