Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

English Sabbath School

Today was a lot of fun at English Sabbath School.  At the beginning they sang a song we learned a dance to last time.  And I got called up front to join the leaders.  Then I had the lesson, which was a lot of fun.  We enjoyed going over a story that I had learned some in-depth layers on back home.  Then there was a game where one word at a time was scrambled and moved on the screen really fast.  The kids were given a category and had to figure out the English word.  One of the categories was teacher and I know my name when I see it.  The answer was indeed Mindy... with a huge red heart behind it :)  Last time I had been given a plant by a student for Love Delivery.  So I had to give it away this week.  The other person who had gotten a plant was not here today, so I gave hers away as well.  As I was heading back to my seat, I was told I was having closing prayer.  So I returned up front.  I spent a lot of time up front today, but I didn't mind.  It was a lot of fun and the students showed me how happy they are that I am here.  It made my day and I know it will make the next week easily when things get stressful to just remember the joy I felt at worshiping with them.

3 comments:

  1. It's always nice to know your students care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the love delivery being passed around - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The students have said repeatedly that if I am having trouble with them, to talk to them. That they are good kids and want to make good memories with me.

    It astounds people here that I would want to stay so professional with them. What they don't get is that this was how I was trained. In the states you can lose your job if you have the kids' numbers, are friends with them on facebook, or go and buy them pizza for after school. In the states you can't touch them either. Such a different culture here than there.

    But it is okay. I am learning the differences and enjoying understanding what happens why. Most of all, I enjoy seeing the students interact. It is something you would have to see to believe.

    ReplyDelete