Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Preparing

Fridays are those blessed days dedicated to the creation of lesson plans and other needed materials for teaching with the following week.

This last Friday was no different.  The English teachers don't have classes on Friday like the rest of the school.  So that helps us concentrate entirely on next week.  I have three culture, or social studies, classes that I teach.  One for each grade level.  This coming week I decided I wanted to incorporate beautiful powerpoints that went into more detail than their textbooks.  I knocked myself out with those powerpoints too.  Discussing with one of my Korean teachers, who aides me in the classroom, how I was doing the powerpoints led to the extension of those lessons with projects and presentations.  Where possible, we threw in parts of movies to watch.  All of this  added another week and a half to one section of a chapter.  It is thorough though and hopefully they will pick up more English.  I must remember to be more animated in class as well :D

All my classes where I have a Korean helping me teach requires a lesson plan.  Those are done.  The classes I teach on my own don't even have a curriculum and we are figuring it out as we go.  So those classes I gave up on the lesson plans for this coming week.  Will try to figure out how much these kids can do in one class period and then try those again.  Then there are the co-teaching classes where I show up for 20 minutes, do something random, then leave.  The teachers in those classes didn't want me around the last two weeks due to studying for midterms.  So I am still trying to figure out what to do for those ones.

Overall though, I feel confident about this coming week.  There is no school on Thursday due to a festival, so I only had to plan three days.  Granted in one class I planned the next 3.5 weeks.  The point is, I am ready.  Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. How delightful to get lots of planning/preparation time for your classes, Teacher Mindy! So nice you don't have to arrive super early and leave super late each day! Sounds like a dream schedule for a teacher to have! :)

    ReplyDelete