Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Skillet

There is a Christian Rock band I really enjoy listening to.  The group, Skillet, has so many uplifting messages.  They especially resound with teenagers and young adults who may feel overwhelmed at times with life.


There is a song called Hero I have been listening to.  Here is some of the lyrics:


Who's gonna fight for what's right?
Who's gonna help us survive?
We're in the fight of our lives
And we're not ready to die

Who's gonna fight for the weak?
Who's gonna make 'em believe?
I've got a hero, I've got a hero
Living in me



It really means a lot to me to have bands out there like this.


Here is what Skillet wrote about this song when they were putting it out:


 "This song is the platform over which the whole record was written. Basically every day seems to get weirder, darker and scarier with thousands of people losing their homes and hurting over a wide variety of reasons. You see so much negativity on the news, especially this sense of violence that's getting really crazy. With all this going on, it's easy to feel on the edge, but no matter how dark it gets, there's always hope in a new day and staying positive is the first step. And when you boil it all down, Christ is the one who gives us a reason to live and He's our 'Hero' who's fighting for all of this oppression and injustice."


Music resounds inside of me all day long.  I like to put Christian music there that reminds me that Jesus has my back.  Jesus will take care of me.  Jesus can use me and even if I mess up He will save me just in time.


Skillet has many more amazing songs like Hero.  They might be all rock band, but if something brings you closer to Jesus and reminds you of who He is and what He means, then who are we to judge?

1 comment:

  1. There are certainly many different ways a person's heart can be reached that can be used to stay focused on Christ-likeness.

    It is so important when in a leadership role and as a role-model and friend to learn about the many people around you, to find out what is acceptable/preferred living interests and what might touch one heart or offend it. We are all made as unique individuals, with a way to connect with our great God and Lord!

    ReplyDelete