Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Korean's View of Cold

I wanted to wear my red and black scarf I brought with me to Korea.  It is cold enough now. However the only shirt I could figure out that would be suitable is a plain black short-sleeved one.  Wanting to avoid all black, I pulled out grey slacks.  Their my favorite pair so I am happy.

At school I left my jacket in my toasty warm office and headed out to my first co-teaching class.  When I got there the teacher, bundled in long-sleeves like all sane people should be, asked if I was cold.  I admitted I was a little cold.

He responded, "Oh!  You are so strong!  Your a healthy woman."

Bonus points for me!

In Korea being strong and healthy is a compliment.  Being able to go about my day in short-sleeves impressed both staff and students.  I could only do this because (1) I am in my office in between these ventures and (2) I know it will get warmer later.  Not warm enough to be without some sort of long sleeves in the wind, but enough so that I will be okay.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't catch a sniffly nose.

    ReplyDelete